This acorn paper plate craft for preschoolers is a simple fun fall activity for kids! We made this craft after reading the book about making friends!
This week we have been exploring friendship and the emotions we may feel when we meet new friends. Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend by Mélanie Watt is a fantastic book for exploring this topic. Your kids will love this nutty hero!
After reading and discussing the book we dove in to making a fun acorn paper plate craft!
Acorn Paper Plate Craft for Preschoolers
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the items we recommend.
Supplies Needed to Make This Acorn Paper Plate Craft:
- Paper plate
- Brown and yellow craft paint
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Scissors (These are our favorite scissors for preschoolers)
- Glue stick
Acorn Paper Plate Directions:
1. Draw the top of your scorn on the top of your paper plate along the wavy edge.
2. Draw an acorn bottom towards the center of your paper plate on the flat side.
3. Paint your top brown.
4. Mix a little yellow and brown paint and paint the bottom half tan and let dry.
5. Cut out your acorn pieces and glue the top to the bottom.
6. Cut a 3” pipe cleaner, twist the end two pieces together and glue to the back top of your acorn.
7. Draw a criss cross pattern across the top of your acorn.
8. Carefully hot glue or use liquid Elmer’s glue to glue the pipe cleaners along the criss cross pattern, one way at a time. Then overlapping the next direction.
9. Let dry.
Once dry hang your paper plate acorn up for everyone to see!
Not making this acorn paper plate craft right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!