This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
As a work at home mom of four, easy meals are a must here. Between school sports, speech therapy appointments, piano lessons, and well…life, the only way I can get a meal on the table with my sanity intact is if it takes 30 minutes or less to prep and then serve. These Crockpot Apple Pork Sliders are delicious and fit that bill.
While this does use a slow cooker, which obviously takes longer than 30 minutes, this recipe only takes about 10 minutes of prep. If you don’t have a crockpot you can also bake this in the oven and it is done in about 45 minutes. Plus, this recipe is so easy that my kids help make it.
But my favorite thing about this meal is that Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is one of the only meats my picky eater will eat. Every time he sees a Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Loin in our basket at Walmart he gets so excited. The Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet is his personal favorite (and the one that we used for this recipe), but y’all he loves them all.
Thankfully, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is made with 100% pork and is extremely versatile in what you can do with it. We have used it in everything from stuffed mushrooms to mac-n-cheese to nachos…it’s even great just cooked on its own with sides. Since it is already marinated for you, it is a great solution for a quick meal for any night of the week.
- Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 cup Water
- Brown Sugar, to taste
- Apple Butter, to taste
- Hamburger Buns
- Swiss Cheese
- Remove Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet from package and place on cutting board. Use a knife to make cuts about 1 inch apart down the length of the pork loin.
- Slice one Granny Smith Apple and dust with brown sugar.
- Add the apple slices into the meat cuts.
- Place entire Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet into the crockpot and cover with 1 cup of water.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6.
- Once fully cooked use a fork or food processer to shred meat.
- In a skillet over medium heat add 1 sliced apple and apple butter. Let simmer until apples soften.
- Once pork is shredded serve it on a bun with Swiss cheese, red onions, sliced apples, and apple butter.
Want More Easy Meal Inspiration? Check Out This Video!