Fresh Guacamole is one of those dishes that is easy to make and meets just about every diet out there (gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, Whole 30, primal, etc). This makes it the perfect appetizer to bring to summer potlucks and get togethers. I promise – this quick and easy guacamole recipe is foolproof to make and bound to be a crowd-pleaser.
In my family whenever there is any reason whatsoever to celebrate, whether it is a birthday or something as simple as the kids are finally sleeping through the night, everyone meets up for Happy Hour at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. You just can’t say no to half-priced appetizers and margaritas. While we do change up the location every time, they all have one thing in common – they all make guacamole fresh right there for you at your table.
My kids absolutely love it!
After watching guacamole be made a million and one times, they just had to give it a try themselves! You should have seen their faces when I pulled out the potato masher to mash up the avocados…they were a little hesitant since we usually just paint with that thing…
It didn’t take them long though to figure out how to mash up the avocados and mix in the rest of the fresh ingredients. They had a blast with this!
I think next time I might let them try out the Molacajete – could be fun to tie into a lesson plan.
- 4 Avocados, peeled and halved
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juice squeezed
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the avocados to the bowl and mash them up - you can use either a fork or a potato masher.
- Once at a decently smooth (it will be lumpy) consistency mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- If you are making this ahead of time put it into a bowl or container and with an airtight lid on top to prevent the guacamole from browning.