Encourage kids to explore different fruits with this fun Fruit I Spy Printable Worksheet Packet. Lately we have been on a bit of an I Spy kick, and this free I Spy printable is one of many within the series!
Earlier this week my kids were discussing whether a tomato was a fruit or a vegetable. It turned into quite the heated discussion. After doing some research we decided that technically they are both, but for the purpose of our Nutrition Thematic Unit, we stuck with the nutritionists and included tomatoes on our Vegetable I Spy Game.
My kids had a blast discussing all the different fruits, counting, comparing, and graphing them out while doing this printable I Spy Game!
What Can Kids Learn While Play with This Fruit I Spy Worksheet?
Literacy Benefits of I-Spy:
Complex Vocab and Syntax
- Beginning concepts of more/less, most/least, equal, etc.
- Size Words
- Child led questions and discussion
- Identifying photos as correlating to written words.
- Collecting objects from an illustrated list.
- Invented phonetic spelling
- Beginning Word Sounds
- Drawing and use of a circle (or | if using tally marks)
Mathematical Benefits of I-Spy:
Reasoning and Number Sense:
- Sorting and Classifying Objects
- Shapes and Sizes
- Quantifying Objects (more/less)
- Comparing Written Numerals
Visual Benefits of I-Spy:
- Visual Discrimination (ability to attend to detail)
- Visual Tracking (eye movement and coordination)
Need to print this printable off later? Pin this post so you can easily find it!