If you’re like me, than you probably love mayo for a variety of things – sandwiches, burgers, etc. I prefer to make homemade mayo for our family.
Using mayo is a very common ingredient for many of us. No matter if we use it for a potato salad, tuna sandwich, or a yummy burger – we use it regularly. Around our house, we prefer to make many of condiments homemade so we know exactly what is in them. We’ve also made some delicious homemade Nutella!
Items to have on hand to make your homemade mayo
If you love to make recipes homemade for your family, this mayo is a great choice and not too difficult to make! It’s even compliant with the paleo and whole30 diets. (Which is a huge plus for some of us around here!)
- 2 whole pastured eggs
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 2 cups light olive oil (not a vegetable blend)
- Whip eggs, vinegar, salt, and mustard in a bowl. While whipping, slowly add oil, slowly. People can also use a blender on low.
- Continue until all of the oil has been added and the eggs and oil have formed an emulsion or Mayonnaise. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Transfer to mason jars and store in the refrigerator until needed.