Hazelnut and chocolate is the most perfect flavor combination. If you’re a huge Nutella fan like I am, you’re going to love this homemade nutella!
Nutella has been a huge rave these days – and with good reason! The hazelnut and chocolate make it an absolutely delicious addition to any snack. If you would rather make your own homemade nutella to put on your toast in the morning, I got one for you here today! This is truly one of our favorite recipes.
Items to have on hand to make your homemade nutella
If you and your kids just love everything nutella but want to explore making it on your own – this recipe is just for you. Who doesn’t want to devour some hazelnut chocolate spread? Talk about yum.
- 1 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- ¾ can of full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar (or less if you want it less sweet)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- First, preheat the oven to 350F and roast the raw hazelnuts in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While the hazelnuts are toasting, take out a medium sized bowl and heat up the coconut milk, coconut sugar syrup and salt. Stir over medium heat until the coconut sugar has fully dissolved into the coconut milk. Once the mixture is hot pour it over the dark chocolate (placed in a bowl) and wait for 1 minute. Then stir the mixture until chocolate is fully melted in the hot coconut mixture.
- After the hazelnuts are done, remove them from the oven. Rub the hazelnuts to remove as much of the skin as possible.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until they become a very fine meal. Add the coconut chocolate mixture and the coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Bottle it up and keep it in the refrigerator for you to enjoy as wanted!
I don’t know about you, but I think this recipe sounds absolutely amazing! I might just have to go make some more for me and the kids to enjoy later. We all love this homemade nutella and I’m certain that it will be a hit around your house as well!
What Others are Reading