One of the things that I love about being a blogger is getting to explore the new kids books that are out there with my kids. It’s seriously one of my favorite perks. This week we were sent a book by Karin LeFranc and Tyler Parker called, “I Want to Eat Your Books“. This book was absolutely adorable and a fun conversation starter on how to properly treat books!
As we watched the book-ivore zombie tear through the pages of this delightful book Meatball laughed, cringed, and quite often shouted out “No! No!”. The illustrations were bright and fun and the overall feel of the book is very playful. In the end the zombie teaches yet another book destroying monster how to treat books. It was at this point that Meatball voluntarily got up to pick up his books on the floor!
This is a book my kids have asked to read over and over again! Since we have been reading this book non-stop I figured, what else could we need more for this book than a book eating bookmark?
Items Needed for a Book Eating Bookmark
- Cardstock (Green, Red, White)
- Chalk Pens (Yellow and Black)
- Ruler or other straight line object
- I Want to Eat Your Books Book by Karin LeFranc and Tyler Parker
- If you are doing this craft with little kids you can skip all of these steps by snipping the corner of an envelope and letting them decorate that. For older kids follow the directions below.
- Using your ruler measure out a large square. Divide that square into four. Since I could not find our ruler I used an object I found lying around my office.
- Once you have all four squares drawn out, turn two that are across from each other into triangles.
- Cut out your bookmark.
- On your red card stock cut out a square that will fit into the square left on the green card stock.
- On your white card stock cut out the teeth. Fold one triangle down. Glue your teeth to that triangle. Fold the next triangle down on top and glue.
- Use your chalk markers to draw on your Zombies face! We love coloring with Chalk Ink Pens.
Turned out pretty adorable if you ask me!