I have always wanted to try to make a stuffed chicken breast recipe, but it’s been something I have always been kinda afraid of. I mean, I am the type of cook that can literally burn water – I couldn’t possibly not mess up stuffing a chicken breast. But, the best way to learn something is to just do it. So I did. And for a first try this Mozzarella and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast didn’t turn out half shabby. Not only did it look good and taste great, it was also so much easier than I could have ever imagined.
As a kid my Grandma used to always tell me, we eat with our eyes before we even decide to taste our food. That a plate of food needed to be filled with color.
This dish is definitely filled with color!
The best part though? My kids asked for seconds.
My kids who aren’t big meat eaters asked for seconds.
Not to mention the whole spinach part. Yeah. My kids ate seconds on meat and spinach. Definitely a win.
Items to Have on Hand to Make Mozzarella and Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Mozzarella String Cheese
- 2-3 medium Bell Peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Spinach (3-4 leaves per chicken breast)
- Greek Seasoning, to taste
- Garlic Roasted Ranch Dressing, to taste
- 18-24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350. Rinse and layout the chicken breasts on a cutting board.
- If a chicken breast is fatter than it is wide butterfly slice it in half 3/4 of the way through so that it opens like a book.
- Thinly slice up the bell pepper.
- On each chicken breast add in 3-4 leaves of spinach, 1 string cheese, and 3-5 slices of bell pepper. Top with Greek seasoning to taste.
- Fold one side of the chicken breast over the top of ingredients that make up the stuffing. Then from that side roll it sealed. Secure with 3-4 toothpicks.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Dice up any unused bell peppers.
- Serve chicken on a bed of spinach.
- Top with roasted garlic ranch and bell peppers