My kids love making play dough at home. It is seriously one of their favorite things. This week we were challenged to make a no cook lemon scented play dough – it turned out absolutely fantastic!
Items Needed for No Cook Lemon Scented Play Dough
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1-2 Lemons
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1-2 T. Cream of Tartar
- 1-2 T. Oil (we used vegetable oil, but any will work)
- 1/3 cup Salt
Optional: Powdered Pink Lemonade to boost the scent and add a slight color.
Watch This Video to See How We Made Our Homemade No Cook Lemon Scented Playdough:
How to Make a No Cook Lemon Scented Play Dough at Home
1. Boil a cup of water in your microwave. You can also use hot water from the tap if your hot water gets really hot.
2. Slice your lemons and juice them into a large glass bowl. Add the seeds in for a fun texture. You can even zest or grate your lemons for even more texture.
3. Add in the hot water, pink lemonade, salt, cream of tartar, and oil. Stir it together.
4. Then add in the flour. If it is still sticky after the initial two cups of flour, add in 1/3 a cup of additional flour at a time until the play dough is no longer sticky.
Bonus: Save the peels from the lemons that you squeezed. Use a spoon to scoop all the insides out. Use the lemon cups to create a pretend play center for your playdough!
More Ways to Play with Play Dough!
Not making this playdough right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!