Have your kids been bitten by the Pokémon craze yet? Mine sure have! This simple Poké Ball Paper Plate Craft is a fun activity to get kids creatively working on their fine motor skills while tapping into that love of Pokémon. My kids had too much fun with this and were super proud of the way theirs turned out!
How to Make Paper Plate Poké Balls
- Paper Plates (one for each Poké Ball)
- Black Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
1. Cut out the inner circle of the paper plates. Paper plates are great for kids that are just starting to learn how to cut because of how sturdy the paper is. However, it can take a lot of effort to make those cuts so your kiddo might need some help with this.
2. Sit down and color! We did a quick google search for a visual guide. Did you know there are over 26 official styles of Poké Balls? I didn’t. This was the image that we used. While we did a couple in style with the official Poké Balls we also got a little crazy and designed some of our own 😉
3. Once all your Poké Balls are designed, cut the parts that will be glued on top – black strips, big black circles, and smaller white circles.
4. Then glue them on! We started with the attaching the strips to the Poké Balls.
5. And then glued all the circles together – smaller white circle on top of the larger black circle.
6. Once both parts were dried we then glued the circles on top of the strips to finish up our Poké Balls.
They were so pretty once they were done! To hang ours up we taped a strip of contact paper up to the wall and let the kids stick them up!
What Others Are Reading