This post was sponsored by Sam’s Club, however, the text and opinions are all my own.
Being a new mom is exciting, a tad scary, and definitely exhausting. After baby #3 I can honestly say that those whirlwind of emotions have been there for me every single time. This New Mom Survival Kit contains some of my favorite sanity saving items. If you are looking for baby shower items, or a new parent trying to decide what to buy — this is the list for you!
When I found out for the first time that I was going to be a mom I was way to young to be in that position. Not age wise, but my maturity level. And while I had a pretty awesome support system, I was beyond broke. I was a single mom, still in school, who was waiting tables to pay half the bills of a two bedroom apartment.
For my baby shower that year my Mom gave me an annual membership to Sam’s Club. Hands down this has been one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. Eight years later I still hold that membership and use it monthly.
So, when it comes to considering gifts for new parents, a Sam’s Club membership tops the list for me. While the membership is $45 a year it is well worth it. The savings I am able to pull off there are incredible. For example, I am able to feed our family of 5 healthy home cooked meals for a little over $300 a month by buying in bulk, prepping (not cooking) all the meals at once, and freezing them in ziplock bags. Dinner in our home is as simple as thawing and dumping into the crock pot or skillet!
Also, if I have all the kids with me, I don’t have to do my shopping in store! With club pick up I can complete my shopping online during nap times and be notified when it is ready to pick up via text. This is a HUGE sanity saver.
When it comes to our everyday items such as diapers, hygiene items, and formula I love being able to buy in bulk. Not only am I saving in cost per unit, but I am also saving us time from constant trips to the store. I am sure most moms can agree with me that there isn’t anything much worse than going to change a diaper and realizing your are out and have to run to the store!
So if you have a new mom in your life (or you yourself are one) I would strongly recommend getting a Sam’s Club Membership! If you join online using this link you will receive $80 in instant savings on baby items like diapers, wipes, and formula.
Other New Mom Survival Kit Essentials!
- Aveeno Baby Products –All of my kids have had very sensitive skin. Each one has a different product that they react to. Aveeno is one of the few bath products out there that we have found that none of our kids have sensitivity to. Because of this it definitely makes our list as a safe bet! Aveeno products can also be found in bulk at Sam’s.
- BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib — Out of three kids and three different travel cribs, this one has by far been my favorite. It’s insane how easy it is to pack up and how light it is. It is smaller than my suitcase!
- Blooming Bath — This is another one of those great products that is easy to take with you where ever you go. When it comes to storing around the house it is a tad bulky, but nowhere near as bulky as a plastic baby tub. Sink baths have always terrified me (soapy babies are slippery!) and this product really has eased my mind when it comes to bath time!
- Member’s Mark Gentle Formula — Member’s Mark is a brand specific to Sam’s Club and it’s amazing. I have breast fed all of my kids, but with baby #3 I have had some difficulty producing enough milk. Because of this Roo is being supplemented with formula per nutritionist directions. Ya’ll I had no clue how expensive formula is! I was turned on to this brand by his doctor because we were having colic issues and I was complaining about the costs. Member’s Mark formula has the same ingredients as other top national brands and was gentle enough for Roo to digest without issues. We love it. While I still stand by the belief that breast is best, formula is always a good thing to have on hand.
- Levana Ovia Monitors — Until Roo I had always used a sound monitor…and checked on the kids every 5 minutes obsessively. It got to the point that I wasn’t getting anything done. With the Levana monitors not only can I visually see that baby is ok, I can also see when my toddler decides he is going to go in and visit. Also with Roo having colic it allows me to take 10 minutes to recompose myself while seeing that he is safe. While on the spendy side, it is definitely worth it (we were able to find this monitor at Sam’s for a discount).
- Mimjumi Bottle — these are AMAZING! Using these bottles we have had absolutely no issues with nipple confusion as we supplement with formula. I wish I had found this brand earlier.
- Diaper Genie Elite — Whether you are cloth diapering or using disposables, something to hide the stench in is a must! The Diaper Genie Elite (found at Sam’s Club) uses activated carbon to keep babies room smelling fresh! It is small enough to hide out of sight while remaining incredibly useful! The Diaper Genie can hold up to 270 diapers at one time! Might not want that many diapers, but it is good to know it can.
- Huggies Diapers –Another brand easily found at Sam’s Club that I love. Soft on my kids sensitive skin and rare for my kids to have a blow out in, it’s just a brand I know and trust.
- Halo Swivel Sleeper — This is one of the neatest bassinets I have ever seen. With my first kid I didn’t think I needed a bassinet, I had a crib after all. I quickly discovered that my personal style of parenting includes co-sleeping. But, with baby I needed a safe way to do this. Seriously guys this is the bassinet to get. It is easy to swivel to get in and out of bed. It also swivels until the bassinet is up tight on top the mattress making it so baby is literally right besides you. One side of the rim flexes under weight (you can lock it so it doesn’t). The flexing bar makes it super easy to reach baby. It is very simple and quite brilliant. We love ours.
Most of these items can be found at Sam’s Club!