Gift Guides are quite popular among readers. This Gift Guide Policy is to help you understand the benefits of being featured in a Gift Guide and the requirements when with working with Parenting Chaos.
Gift Guides are popular because they give consumers a variety of items that make great gifts for upcoming holidays, birthdays and events. These are all listed on one page and organized into different categories to offer convenience.
Benefits of Being featured:
- Increased brand awareness
- Optimized exposure to your target market
- Increased sales through the use of promotions
Gift Guide Features:
Gift Guide Features are NOT full reviews. Instead they include a snippet of information that lead consumers to the product page where they can learn more information offering a higher click-through rate than traditional reviews. Features include a high-resolution image, a paragraph including brief information about the product, a link to where the product can be purchased, and pricing information. I currently use a plugin called Tablepress to put together my gift guides in a professional and appealing layout.
How to Get Your Product Featured:
Since I receive several requests for these gift guides I have set up some requirements I ask each potential sponsor to review in order to be considered for feature. These requirements include:
- Physical items must be sent to me and must meet my current minimum retail value. (please contact me for my current rates)
- Items received are non-returnable and will serve as compensation for my time and effort provided for the feature.
- If no physical product will be sent for review, there will be a $50 charge to feature your product on my site and within the Gift Guide (this includes apps and digital content).
- I will link to Amazon where the product can be purchased unless otherwise specified from the sponsor. If the product is not available on Amazon, I will link to the appropriate product page.
- Items will be featured in the order they are received. This may take anywhere between 2-4 weeks for the feature to be completed depending on the amount of items received during that period of time (around the holidays is the busiest time).
- Products must be something that I believe will be a good fit for my site and of interest to my readers. With that being said, I have readers of all ages and interests so please contact me to further discuss a feature opportunity.
*You also have the option of increasing your social media following by offering an item in a gift guide giveaway. Gift guide giveaways depend on the amount of interest shown from sponsors. Gift guide giveaways are group giveaways and will have a group of bloggers promoting that one giveaway so it will further the amount of exposure received to your product/brand and the gift guide. These are typically the most successful way to host giveaways. Please contact me if interested.
- All items must be received to me by no later than 1 week prior to the holiday/event the gift guide pertains to. For example, if you are wanting to have products featured for Valentine’s Day the deadline would be February 7th to ensure a feature in the gift guide. Any items received to me after this deadline will not be featured and the return shipping costs must be handled by the sponsor. Please keep this in mind when sending products for feature.
- Giveaways are welcome and encouraged. However, prizes must be delivered directly to the winner within 4 weeks from the day their mailing information is sent to you.
As I mentioned Gift Guides are a great way to be featured. They are offer a higher click-through rate, increased exposure, and give you the opportunity to be among several other brands (large and small).
Please feel free contact me if you have any further questions regarding how you can feature your product or service in one of my gift guides. I can be reached directly at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you!