Key Lime Cookies: Tender, tangy key lime cookies that will absolutely melt in your mouth! These are light, buttery tea cookies bursting with citrus flavor. Perfect for Spring!
This last week it has been bitterly cold here…which I know to those of you in the Northern parts of the states that statement is laughable…
But it has been and I have been desperately needing an escape from the wet nasty weather. Except travel to some place tropical and exotic isn’t exactly do-able at the moment…and well for a couple more months an amazing margarita is off the table.
So the next best thing? Melt in your mouth key lime cookies…they are sinfully good!
The secret to making this cookie a-mah-zing is using freshly squeezed lime juice.
It does take a bit of finesses to get the milk and lime mixture correct, but I promise you it isn’t difficult at all!
These cookies are bound to become a family favorite! I can promise ya that 😉
A perfect no fail dessert!
These Key Lime Cookies are so good you will be saying, dessert now dinner later!
Key Lime Cookies
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Milk
- ½ cup Butter
- ¾ Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 ½ to 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice and milk and set aside to curdle.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add in the lime juice mixture and mix well.
- Add in the egg, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until the batter is a smooth consistency.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix the lime juice and powdered sugar together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Looking for family recipe posts similar to this one? Then be sure to click through the below links or head over to our Facebook fan page to continue the discussion!