With Halloween sneaking up on us here soon, I’m sure you will love these black candy apples. I mean, who doesn’t love a candy apple this time of year?
With Halloween being one of our favorite holidays we decided to change things up for a fall favorite, candy apples. There is just something magical about a black candy apple that both kids and adults will love!
Items to have on hand to make your black candy apples
Outside the Box Papers Striped and Chevron Halloween Paper Straws 7.75 Inches 100 Pack Black, White, OrangeAmericolor Gel Paste Food Color, Super Black-0.75 OZPfaltzgraff Happy Halloween Spider Web Glass Platter with Metal Stand
Candy apples are a good treat for this time of year and it’s sure to be even more fun for the kids when they see how spooky of a feel they are. Regular candy apples just don’t cut it around here, and we love these yummy black ones!
- 8-10 Apples
- 8-10 Straws/Skewers
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cups water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ tsp. Black gel food dye
- 2 drops of cinnamon flavoring oil
- Place some parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Wash your apples and let them dry. This recipe will make 8-10 apples depending on how big or small they are. Add your skewers and/or striped straws.
- Cook the sugar, water and corn syrup in a pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and begins to boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees. You can also cook until a small amount of mixture dropped into a cold cup of water separates into some hard candy.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in cinnamon flavoring and food coloring. Mix well.
- Dip each apple in mixture to quickly coat it and place apples on cookie sheet. Let them set before consuming. Enjoy candy apples!
I have a huge love for Halloween and these black candy apples sound absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to round up the kiddos and go make us some yummy candy apples to enjoy very soon. I’m sure these black candy apples will be a hit in your household as well!
What Others are Reading