This egg carton penguin craft is super easy and affordable to create. I love being able to use recyclables in my projects because it teaches my kids to think creatively and to use items over and over before discarding them.
These Adelie Penguins are also a very versatile craft that is easy to weave into any winter unit.
The Adelie Penguin are right up there with the Chin Strap Penguin for having the largest population. Penguin doesn’t always have to stand for P…here is a species sheet if you need some creative inspiration to fit Penguin in with your letter of the week.
- Egg Carton
- Paint (White and Black)
- Construction Paper
- Small Buttons or Googly Eyes
- Gather Supplies
- Break apart the egg carton cups
- Let kids paint the entire cups black except for a patch for the belly which will be white
- Cut the construction paper into a heart shape (feet) and a triangle shape (nose).
- Apply the feet and nose with glue.
- Attach the buttons or googly eyes with glue.
A Book for the Craft:
I love to tie crafts into books. I think it is a great way to get children interacting and talking about a book. The book that I have chose for this craft is 365 Penguins by. Jean-Luc Fromental
This silly story is great for counting/math skills. While some of the concepts will be a tad advanced for young children, it still is a great read. Every time we read this my kids giggle as the penguins get into everything! Check out the video below to hear the story read and see some of the pages from the book.
I would love to see any penguin crafts or activities that you are up to!