Apple cider is a holiday favorite for our kids (who also love Halloween). If your kids are like mine, they will love halloween crockpot apple cider.
When Halloween season approaches, it can get a little crazy around our house. We love the decorating, the costumes, the crafts, the baking, and all the other festivities that occur. But when it’s time to relax and take a break, this halloween crockpot apple cider is a great beverage to sip and enjoy while we relax after the chaos. (Because let’s be honest, this full household can get pretty chaotic sometimes!)
Items you will need for your yummy halloween crockpot apple cider
If you and your kids are as in love with Halloween as we are, I’m pretty sure it can get crazy for you too. This drink is sure to please your tastebuds when it’s time for a break without interrupting the fun Halloween theme you’re participating in. (Look how cool it is with the steam coming out of the glass!)
- 8-10 apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- 10 cups of water
- Cut your apples into quarters. Place everything into the slow cooker on low for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours use a blender or a potato masher to mash the apples as much as you can. Leave apple parts in the mixture for a full flavor, you will be straining everything at the end.
- Cook for another 1-3 hours or until desired flavor has been reached. The longer you let it sit the stronger the flavor will be.
- Strain the liquids with a strainer covered with cheesecloth to remove any fine apple pieces.
- Place in airtight container in fridge for up to one week or you can freeze to keep and use at a later date.
- To create the steam effect, serve over dry ice and enjoy!
What Others are Reading