We absolutely love I Spy games around here, and given the response we have had from the couple we have already shared, we know y’all do too!
Ocean I Spy
Today’s I Spy Game that I am sharing with y’all is an Ocean Themed I Spy. This last week I have been working my way through putting all of our content into thematic units for y’all (it’s turning out pretty damn awesome). As I was throwing these thematic units together I kept on thinking, you know what this needs? An I spy game! ha.
So here y’all go – a fun ocean themed I Spy Game to go along with any summer learning activities you may be doing!
What Do I Spy Games Teach Kids?
Literacy Benefits of I-Spy:
Complex Vocab and Syntax
- Beginning concepts of more/less, most/least, equal, etc.
- Size Words
- Child led questions and discussion
- Identifying photos as correlating to written words.
- Collecting objects from an illustrated list.
- Invented phonetic spelling
- Beginning Word Sounds
- Drawing and use of a circle (or | if using tally marks)
Mathematical Benefits of I-Spy:
Reasoning and Number Sense:
- Sorting and Classifying Objects
- Shapes and Sizes
- Quantifying Objects (more/less)
- Comparing Written Numerals
Visual Benefits of I-Spy:
- Visual Discrimination (ability to attend to detail)
- Visual Tracking (eye movement and coordination)
If you aren’t printing this I Spy Game off right this second, pin this post so you can easily find it later!