This Color Matching Turkey Paper Plate Craft incorporates color matching and sorting with a fine motor element. This turkey paper plate is a Thanksgiving activity your little ones will love!
Lately my preschooler has been all about paper plate crafts after story time. Our fridge is covered in his creations!
Simple crafts such as this color matching turkey can be an excellent tool for challenging younger kids when they are done intentionally. Right now we are working on our colors and our four finger grip (fine motor stage before the pincer grasp) which made this activity perfect for us.
Color Matching Turkey Paper Plate Craft
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the items we recommend.
Supplies Needed to Create a Color Matching Turkey:
- Large paper plate
- Small paper plate
- Red, blue, orange, green, white and yellow card stock
- Colored pencils
- Brown craft paint
- Scissors (we love these scissors that are designed for little learners)
- 1” Circle hole punch (I love how easy this one is for younger kids to use)
- Paint brush (these are by far my favorite paintbrushes for young kids)
- Glue stick
We recommend the Level 1 Reader Turkey Day for this turkey craft. To find other Thanksgiving Books we recommend check out our list of fantastically fun Thanksgiving Books!
Color Matching Paper Plate Turkey Directions:
1. Lay out a piece of scrap paper or newspaper, paint the top of each plate brown and let dry.
2. Glue your small brown play to the bottom of your large brown plate.
3. Carefully cut a white large plates in slices like pizza and round each corner, these will be the feathers.
4. Color each feather a different color with your colored pencils.
5. Glue the bottom of each feather behind the top of your large brown paper plate.
6. Cut out a large yellow triangle and a red wattle and 2 white eyes with a hole punch.
7. Glue the eyes, beak and wattle onto the smaller brown plate.
8. Dot the eyes with a pencil.
9. Now use the hole punch to make lots of different colored circles from your colored card stock and have the kids match the circles to the feather and glue them on with a glue stick.
Once you are done with your craft hang it up for all to see!
If you aren’t making this color matching turkey paper plate craft right this second, then pin this post so you can easily find it later!