This Rainbow Sprinkles Writing Tray is an excellent sensory activity that not only makes learning fun but also improves your child’s fine motor skills and concentration. By writing in a tray filled with colorful sprinkles, your child will engage their senses and have a blast while they learn. So let’s sprinkle some learning fun into your child’s day!
What is a Sensory Writing Tray?
Writing trays are like a secret weapon for parents and teachers looking for creative ways to engage kids in learning. They’re tactile, they’re colorful, and they make learning fun!
A writing tray is a shallow container or tray filled with a material, such as sand, salt, or in this case, rainbow sprinkles, that children can use to practice writing, drawing, or tracing letters, numbers, or shapes.
Think of it as a fun and interactive way to teach your kids essential skills without the boring worksheets. Plus, the sensory experience of playing with the sprinkles will keep them engaged and focused, so they won’t even realize they’re learning!
How to Make a Rainbow Sprinkles Writing Tray
Now that you know what a writing tray is and how it can benefit your child’s learning experience, it’s time to create your own Rainbow Sprinkles Writing Tray! It’s a simple and fun activity that you and your little ones can do together. Plus, you’ll only need a few materials that you probably already have in your pantry. So, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide on how to make this magical sensory activity!
- Rainbow sprinkles (at least 2-3 cups depending on the size of the tray)
- Alphabet cupcake cards
- A shallow tray or container (a baking sheet, a plastic container, or a wooden box will work)
- Start by choosing a shallow tray or container that will hold the rainbow sprinkles. A baking sheet, a plastic container, or a wooden box will all work. Make sure that the tray is large enough for your child to write or draw in comfortably.
- Next, pour the rainbow sprinkles into the tray. You'll need at least 2-3 cups of sprinkles, depending on the size of your tray. Spread the sprinkles evenly across the tray, so that they cover the entire surface.
- Once you've added the sprinkles, it's time to introduce the alphabet cupcake cards. You can find the printable ones in our printable membership or make your own by drawing letters on to small pieces of paper.
- Place the alphabet cupcake cards next to the writing tray, so that your child can choose which letters they want to write or trace.
- Encourage your child to use their fingers or a paintbrush to write or draw in the sprinkles. They can practice writing letters, numbers, shapes, or even their name!
- When your child is finished playing, simply store the sprinkles in an airtight container to use again another time.
For more fun sensory activities visit ParentingChaos.com
Printable Writing Cupcake Cards
The Printable Writing Cupcake Cards are a versatile set of cards with adorable cupcake illustrations. This printable includes capital and lowercase letters, numbers from 0 to 10, and a variety of shapes, providing a wide range of learning opportunities for your child.
These cards are a fun way to add even more learning opportunities to this activity, and they’re easy to use! Simply print them out and you’re ready to go, you can even laminate them for extra durability. Plus, as a bonus, these cards can be used for other activities as well, so the learning possibilities are endless. And the best part? You can get access to these printable cards as part of our membership program, which includes a 5-day free trial using the coupon code CUPCAKEWRITING. After the trial period, the membership is just $7.99 per month, giving you access to all of our exclusive printables and resources.
How to Use the Sprinkle Writing Tray
To get started, introduce the tray to your child and explain what it is and how to use it. Encourage them to use their fingers to write shapes, letters, and numbers in the rainbow sprinkles.
To add some variety to the activity, try using different tools such as a small paintbrush or a straw to draw in the sprinkles. You can also use the printable alphabet cupcake cards as a guide to practice writing specific letters and numbers.
To make this activity more challenging, try using the writing tray to practice spelling words or creating simple math problems. For example, you could write out the equation “2 + 2 = ” and have your child fill in the answer in the sprinkles. You could also use the tray to have your child work on spelling their name.
So go sprinkle some fun and learning into your child’s day with this rainbow sprinkles sensory writing tray!
Please Share This Rainbow Sprinkle Writing Tray
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids’ activity board on Pinterest.