When it comes to favorite desserts in our home, brownies top the list. From family gatherings, to potlucks, to simple game nights at home, our homemade brownies are by far the most requested dessert. With holiday baking in full swing around here I wanted to try a new fun twist on these brownies. My kids came up with these Chocolate Christmas Tree Cookie Brownies, half cookie, half brownie, and totally delicious. These are so ridiculously easy to make (and look fantastic) that I just know your family will have an absolute blast making these!
Items Needed to Make Chocolate Christmas Tree Brownies
- Green Candy Chocolates
- Pretzel Sticks
- Ziplock Bags and Wax Paper
- Homemade Brownie Batter (follow link for instructions)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Rolled & Ready Holiday Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets (save $.50 using this coupon)
- Icing of choice
How to Make Chocolate Pretzel Trees
- Gather your ingredients.
- Boil a glass bowl of water in your microwave.
- Add your green candy chocolates into a ziplock bag. Submerge into the hot water. Remove frequently to massage the chocolates (make sure the bag is sealed shut), until all chocolates have been melted.
- Once all of your chocolates are melted snip off a small corner of your ziplock bag using scissors.
- Lay out your pretzels on wax paper. Using your melted chocolate bag draw on the tops of your trees by squeezing the melted chocolate through the corner.
- Add sprinkles and set aside to harden.
How to Make a Brownie Half-n-Half
- Prepare brownie mix (follow link for directions).
- Preheat oven to 350°, remove TOLL HOUSE cookie dough from refrigerator, and line cookie dough pan with silicone cupcake cups.
- Roll a pinch of cookie dough into 12 balls. Press one ball into each cupcake holder. This will make your base.
- Add a spoonful of brownie batter to the top of each cookie. Don’t be afraid to be liberal in your amounts, but be aware of the density of your brownie batter (the denser the brownie the more batter you can add).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check the center of your cupcakes with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
- Set aside to cool…and taste test if need be…I couldn’t resist.
Once cooled top with frosting and add your chocolate pretzel trees! Easy peasy with a wow factor!
Find more fun ideas by checking out the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Pinterest Page and the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Facebook Page. And don’t forget to join in the fun by sharing your baking creations using the hashtags #HolidayRemix #NestleTollHouse and #BakeSomeonesDay!