This extremely simple Coconut Chocolate Shark Bark is a fool-proof homemade candy bar that kids will love!
Lately, my kids have been fascinated with sharks. Even though Shark Week is over for the year, they are catching any YouTube or Netflix show that they can about Sharks. My little man even replaced all the books on his bedroom bookshelf with shark books. Their natural inquiry has been fun to follow – I think an aquarium trip is in our near future 😉
Last year we made a fun Shark Attack Punch that my kids had been bluntly hinting towards wanting again…
“Mom, you know what would be great with this book? A cold shark attack drink.”
They get straight to the punch. Literally.
With them enjoying that snack as much as they did, I figured they would love another shark snack recipe. When it comes to kids I try not to reinvent the wheel 😉 This chocolate shark bark was a hit!
Items to Have on Hand to Make Shark Bark
- White Chocolate Bark, 1 lb.
- Light Blue Chocolate Candy Melts, 1/4 cup
- Dark Blue Chocolate Candy Melts, 1/4 cup
- Shredded Coconut, as desired
- Gummy Sharks, as desired
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or wax papers.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, melt the white chocolate bark as instructed on it's package.
- Once melted smooth, pour onto the baking sheet and smooth out.
- In two other microwaveable safe bowls, melt the light and dark chocolate candy melts according to their package.
- Once those are melted smooth drop dollops on top of the white chocolate. There is no right or wrong amount just try to spread it out evenly.
- Then using a butter knife or fork, swirl the colors together until you have a pretty wave like design.
- Arrange gummy sharks across the surface.
- Top with a pinch or two of shredded coconut.
- Set aside to harden.
- Once hardened, break the chocolate bark into chunks by lifting it slightly and dropping it back onto your table.
- Plate and serve!
- Candy melts can be found online at Amazon or in any big box store that carries cake decorating supplies.