Deep clean your skin and remove impurities with this revitalizing DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask.
This fun homemade face mask is amazing at killing bacteria, getting rid of acne, and giving your face a crisp fresh feeling.
This is one of my favorite diy face masks for battling black heads. This mask is a very gentle exfoliate that also tightens pores and pulls out impurities.
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is not the same stuff that you would find in your BBQ pit. Activated charcoal becomes oxidized when exposed to high temps that cause the surface to become porous. When you apply activated charcoal the porous nature allows chemicals, metals, and toxins to bind to it. This helps rid the body of unwanted substances.
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask Recipe
Homemade Activated Charcoal Mask Ingredients
Items Recommended to Make an Activated Charcoal Mask at Home
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask Directions:
- Mix activated charcoal and bentonite clay in a small glass bowl. Do not use any metal objects.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil. If it is too thick add in 1 tbsp. of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
To Use: Apply to a clean face. Allow the activated charcoal face mask to dry and then remove with a warm wet washcloth.
- Pick an activated charcoal made from coconut shells or wood chips without any added ingredients.
- Activated charcoal can be quite messy so be careful and avoid getting it on anything.
Not making this Homemade Activated Charcoal Mask right this second? Pin this post so you can easily find this recipe once you are ready!