Halloween is a very fun time of year, especially for kids. If you love to enjoy the holiday, these Halloween monster apples will be fun for everyone!
Around our house, we love to enjoy Halloween the entire holiday season. A great way for us to do this is by partaking in creative activities together. This is why we love to make these Halloween monster apples. They’re so fun to make and look how cute they are!
Making fun Halloween recipes is a huge tradition for us around here. Some of our favorites include:
- Healthy Halloween Parfait
- Zombie Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Monsters on a Log
- Yummy Mummy Bananas
Items to have on hand to make your Halloween monster apples
If you’re looking for fun Halloween recipes for the whole family to have fun making, this is the one for you. They’re super easy, a blast to make, and not to mention they’re a good healthy snack for the kids. I’m certain your kids will love these cute Halloween monster apples!
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- almond butter (or hazelnut butter)
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 googly eyes per apple bite (for the larger eye use a marshmallow)
- First, cut the middle out of each quarter of the apple in order to create a mouth. Don't worry about it being perfect, as you are filling this gap with almond butter anyway so if you cut too deep, you can always cover it up and you won’t even be able to notice.
- Coat the inside of the gap where you just cut with a filling of almond or hazelnut butter.
- Place sunflower seeds on the top of where the "mouth" is to resemble the teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth to resemble the tongue.
- "Glue" each eye above the mouth, using a dab of almond butter to make it stick in place.
- Serve your monsters and enjoy!
What Others Are Reading
Share This![social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest,Twitter,Facebook”]