This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlockPartyHero #CollectiveBias
This Grilled Lemon Kale Quinoa Chicken is fresh, light, and packed full of flavor. This easy grilled recipe is the perfect trifecta of savory, herb infused, wild rice with a zingy zest of lemon. It is definitely one of my summer party favorites!
When it comes to summer dinner parties, I am the worst at planning. The absolute worst. There is just something about a nice sunny day that leads to me losing track of time. As the cliche goes, time flies when you are having fun. Because of that, when it comes to grilling get-togethers easy dishes are a must. I want to be able to spend my time with family having fun and not cooking!
This simple recipe is a great one for getting a wow factor without having to sacrifice fun!
And the best part? You can easily create this timeless dish that is packed full of unique flavors with items that you most likely already have in your pantry. Personally, when I went to create this dish I was out of quinoa and chicken broth, both pantry staples I was able to easily stock up on at Sam’s Club.
How to Make Wild Rice with Quinoa and Kale
- 1 cup Wild Rice (can sub a rice/vermicelli mix if desired)
- 1/2 cup truRoots
- 1/2 cup Frozen Kale
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the wild rice and cook until golden.
- Once the rice has absorbed the butter and appears golden, add in a cup of Swansons Chicken Broth, truRoots, Kale, and Chia. Bring to a boil. If the mixture absorbs the broth too quickly add in more 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once all the liquid is evaporated and the rice is soft, remove from heat.
While the rice cooks it is very easy to grill up a basic lemon chicken. For ours I simple topped the chicken with lemon pepper spices and grilled some lemon slices.
Once done serve on top of the bed of wild rice and quinoa. Easy and delicious!
Keep your summer fun, simple, and focused on the memories. For more summer block party inspiration make sure to check out your local Sam’s Club Block Party Event for all your summer’s needs.