Pokémon Go is officially out and my kids are all over the craze. For the last couple days, they have joined me every night (without complaints) to walk the dogs for our three mile stretch around the neighborhood. For little legs that is quite the hike! And what could be better than an icy cold refreshment after a long walk? This Dairy Free Pokéball Shake is one that every member of my family can enjoy and is just as creamy as a regular milkshake!
When I asked my kids who their favorite Pokémon is I was told everything from Bulbasaur to Psyduck. While Wartortle is personally my favorite, with over 150 Pokémon out there it’s hard to come up with just one drink that would every Pokémon lover would instantly adore…unless of course you made the Pokéball 😉
The most beautiful thing about this drink and Pokémon Go, though? All of my kids enjoyed it together. They all shared, they all interacted, and they all exercised – together.
As a mom, I can’t really ask for more than that!
We were originally inspired to try out dairy-free icecream from Nerdy Mamma. Definitely make sure to swing over to her site and check out all the wonderful ideas she has – she has a TON of dairy free inspiration!
Items to Have on Hand to Make a Dairy Free Pokéball Shake
- 3 cans coconut milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbps. cocoa
- 3 tbsp. strawberry extract
- Black food dye, as desired
- Red food dye, as desired
- Open and drain all three cans of water, leaving the coconut cream behind.
- Add to a blender with honey and whip until fluffy.
- Separate into three bowls - vanilla, cocoa, and strawberry.
- In each bowl mix together a scoop (the equivalent of one can) and topping for section. Add in food dye if desired.
- Once all mixed up, scoop into individual dishes - white, black, red.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Pop in straws and enjoy!