This post has been brought to you by Fandango, all opinions shared are my own
Has your family gone out to see the Secret Life of Pets yet? We caught it earlier last week and it is up there for one of my favorite kid movies! All the kids, even the hubs adored it.
As soon as we got home from the movie theater the kids were all about creating a Secret Life of Pets snack. These Rebel Puppy Chow Bites were inspired by the conflict between Max (an adorable puppy) and Snowball (a revenge seeking bunny) – they were absolutely delicious!
About Secret Life of Pets
Max is an adorable terrier who enjoys a comfortable life in a New York until his owner adopts Duke, a ginormous and unruly canine. During their walk outside, they encounter a group of ferocious alley cats and wind up in a truck that’s bound for the pound. Luckily, a rebellious bunny named Snowball swoops in to save the doggy duo from captivity. In exchange, Snowball demands that Max and Duke join his gang of abandoned pets on a mission against the humans who’ve done them wrong.
Recently, Fandango came out with The Secret Life of Pets collectible gift cards! In celebration of the movie’s release, fans can now buy these fun gift cards for their favorite movie lovers in both digital or physical form.
How to Make Rebel Puppy Chow Bites
When making these, it can get a bit messy. My biggest advice is to do as much as you can using Ziploc bags. It’s an easy way to contain the mess and kiddos love to shake it up!
For us, bags worked until we added in the melted marshmallows…or as my kids called it, melted bunny fluff. We had originally planned on making these into bars and pouring melted marshmallow over the puppy chow to make a puppy chow rice crispy bar type of thing, but then Porthos our cat and his human (aka Mr. Roo) decided that said bars would taste better on the floor…
and so we saved what we could and adapted. Thankfully we had these cute little silicone cups!
We mixed in some sprinkles and some powdered sugar and then filled each cup. The end result was perfection!
Items to Have on Hand While Making Rebel Puppy Chow Bites
- Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, 12 ounces
- Peanut Butter Baking Chips, 10 ounces
- Marshmallows, 10 ounces
- Butter, big scoop
- Chex Cereal, 12 ounces
- Powdered Sugar, as desired
- Sprinkles, as desired
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate morsels as directed on the package. Fill a Ziploc bag with half of the Chex Cereal and pour melted chocolate on top. Seal and shake.
- Melt the peanut butter baking chips as directed on the package. Fill a Ziploc bag with half of the Chex Cereal and pour melted chocolate on top. Seal and shake.
- Melt a large spoonful of butter over low to medium heat. Add in marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- In a large bowl mix in chocolate Chex and peanut butter Chex. Drizzle melted marshmallows over until it begins to clump together easily.
- Add in powdered sugar and sprinkles.
- Portion out into silicone cups and top with additional powdered sugar.