Stuffed bell peppers are by far one of the hubs favorite meals. Despite it being one of his favorites, it is not something that I make all that often. It is not that stuffed bell peppers are time-consuming or even difficult. Honestly, this is a very easy meal to make.
I don’t make stuffed bell peppers all that often because this is one of those recipes that gets held to the Grandma standard. You know that beloved family recipe that your significant other grew up on and you just cannot manage to replicate…yep, this recipe falls into that category. So while he absolutely loves it whenever I make these, there is always something that can be tried the next time I make them.
This time, though, after years of playing around with this recipe I nailed it. Not only did I not get a suggestion after dinner, I got told – these are better than Grandma’s! And the best part? I cut out a lot of the difficult steps 😉
Easy Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
The biggest tip I found in making stuffed peppers was that instead of slicing your peppers in half, cut off the tops and clean them out that way. This makes them easier to stuff and easier to serve and stuff.
They really are as simple as slice off the top, blanch, stuff, and bake!
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 can of Golden Corn
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4-6 Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Onion
- Cheese as Desired
- Cilantro as Desired
- Green Onions as Desired
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Dice yellow onion.
- Brown the ground beef with the diced onion.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers - remove the seeds and and white parts.
- Blanch the peppers for 15-20 minutes as the beef mixture cooks.
- Add the black beans and corn to the ground beef mixture - drain. Mix in cilantro and green onions if desired.
- Fill the peppers with beef mixture and place them in a roasting pan.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Once done cooking, add cheese and serve!