It’s no secret, I love hummus. I could seriously sit down and eat an entire batch at once if I didn’t watch it. This Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe is a mouthwatering combination of two delectable spreads. You will want to put this on everything!
Hummus is one of those any excuse snacks. Work running into your lunch break? Hummus. Need something quick to grab between running kid errands? Hummus. Need an afternoon pick you up snack? Hummus. Don’t have time to make dinner? Throw some veggies and chicken into the oven and bake it covered in, you guessed it – hummus.
This particular recipe is one of our favorites. Even my kids will snarf it down!
- 15 oz Chickpeas, can or boiled
- 2 tbs Tahini
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 small Clove Garlic
- 3 tbsp Grape Seed or Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Add the chickpeas into a food processor and pulse until they are just roughly chopped.
- Add in the tahini, basil, lemon juice, cheese, garlic, salt and oil.
- Process until desired texture is reached.
- Drizzle with additional oil as needed.
To make your own tahini you will need 1 cup sesame seeds, 4 tbsp grape seed or olive oil, and salt to taste. Mix it all in a food processor until you have a paste.
Store in the refrigerator.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g