This last week we finally broke out the grill. Y’all have no clue how long I have been waiting for it to be unpacked from our last move! It has been non-stop grill dinners here all week. The perfect way to welcome summer!
This very simple Cajun Chai Grilled Chicken Recipe is one of my personal favorites. This week was my first time making it for the kids and I was slightly worried because it does have a slight kick – it is called Cajun for a reason – but, they all ate multiple servings!
We served ours up with rice, but this dish would also go great with a simple garden salad or grilled veggies. And you can’t forget a good lemonade or sweet tea 😉
- 1 Lemon
- 5 lb Bag of Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 12 oz. Bold and Tangy BBQ Sauce, I like to use the Heinz BBQ Sampler Sauces
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Chai Seeds
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large pan mix BBQ Sauce, Cajun Seasoning (at least 2 tbsp.), and Worcestershire Sauce. Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Add and cover chicken. Place in fridge to thaw overnight.
- Once thawed you are good to grill!
- While grilling keep BBQ sauce mix and Cajun Spice mix next to you. Every time you flip the chicken baste the top of your chicken and add additional seasoning as desired.
Top with chai seeds to serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe is so easy and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. You end with perfectly tender chicken, a vibrant flavor. Be sure to preheat your grill so you get a nice sear on the chicken breast; it will also help keep the chicken from drying out. Another thing to prevent dry chicken is always use a instant read thermometer to keep an eye on the internal temperature of the chicken. If you get the internal heat of your chicken breast over 165 degrees you’ll likely end up drying up your chicken.
A nice outer char from sitting on the grill yet, it literally falls apart from marinating all night long. Nice full tender flavor.
As you can see, this chicken looks amazing? See all that cajun deliciousness on there? Every bite will be packed with flavor.
Just try it.
I know you will like it. Promise!