Make edible candy corn slime with three simple ingredients!
This last week my kids have brought home bags upon bags on candy corn. Now, I’m not a candy corn fan and I didn’t want my kids eating all that candy corn. So we made slime! This fun edible slime is the perfect way to use up excess candy!
Now, here’s a secret for y’all – you can make this edible slime with just about any candy. If you are tempted to throw Halloween candy away while your child isn’t looking give this slime recipe a try! I promise they will have a blast with it.
How to Make Edible Candy Corn Slime
Supplies Needed for Candy Corn Slime:
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the items we recommend.
- 10 oz. Mini Marshmallows
- 8 oz. Candy Corn
- 1-2 c. Powdered Sugar
- Big Bowl
- Silicone Spoon (we really like how these spoons are made with kids in mind)
- Vegetable Oil, optional
Directions for Edible Candy Corn Slime:
1. Place all the marshmallows in a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted – make sure to stir before you restart the microwave for another 30 seconds.
2. Once the marshmallows are a gooey mess, add in the candy corn. Microwave again in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. The marshmallow candy corn mixture can be difficult for little kids to stir. You can add oil to this to make the process easier (about 1 tablespoon). Also this get very hot so adult supervision is required.
3. Once it is all melted nice and smooth it’s time to add in the powdered sugar. To do this add in 1/2 cup at a time until the candy corn slime begins to form a ball. The slime marshmallow mixture will be HOT. Do not use your hands for this.
4. Once the candy corn slime has started to look like play dough, pop it into a fridge for five minutes or allow it to sit on a counter until it cools down. Once it has cooled down you can pick it up.
5. Once cooled this candy corn slime might still be slightly sticky still as you can only stir so much with a spoon 😉 To fix this add in more powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time kneading and pulling as you go.
If the candy corn slime gets too cold it will also get too stiff. If your edible candy corn slime gets too stiff simply play with it. Your hands will warm it up to the point it is stretch again.
If you do not plan to play with the edible candy corn slime right after making it simply store it in an airtight container!
Not making this edible candy corn slime right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!