Ya’ll these No Bake Energy Balls are my latest addiction! They are relatively simple to make and taste delicious.
With my youngest child we have struggled a lot with breast feeding. During pregnancy I was hospitalized a couple of times due to Hyperemesis Gravidarum – really bad nausea that caused weight loss and nutrient deficiencies. So, after he was born my body was basically trying to catch up from nine months of that which resulted in us struggling to breast feed. I tried everything my doctor and I could come up with. Around three months old Roo was put on formula because my milk supply was not providing enough (he still wasn’t at birth weight). Instead of giving up when we started supplementing formula, I just stopped trying to force it. We stopped the meds, stopped the supplements, and just focused on diet. Snacks such as these Cookie Nookie Energy Balls and green lactation smoothies (along with patience) played a huge roll in getting us back to breast feeding full time.
Now ya’ll I am not a huge fan of peanut butter. I love these though! Even my kids snarf them up…yes, snarf. One thing I have noticed when making these is that processing the oats and seeds to a powder makes a HUGE difference. I know I can be kind of picky about textures of foods, but when that is skipped I can’t stand energy balls and my kids also won’t touch them. So definitely take the extra 5 minutes and blend it all together before folding in the peanut butter and extras 😉
The key to the flavor of these energy balls in it the Cookie Peanut Butter used. You can find it for sale here.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flax seed, powdered
- 1-2 cups cookie dough peanut butter, buy here
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- In a blender blend the flax seed until it is a powder.
- Add in oatmeal, M&M's, and peanut butter. Either switch the blade to stir or fold it in by hand. I prefer to use the mixer because it chops up the oats a bit to a texture that is better, but with M&M's you are going to want to hand stir them in.
- Once fully mixed mold into balls and set on wax paper.
- Let them harden for about 15 minutes and then eat!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g