Charlie Brown needed a miracle…what he got instead was a best friend named Snoopy. To build excitement for the upcoming Peanuts movie we enjoyed a lunch of Chicken Kabobs with secret Peanut Sauce. It was a hit! This is a fantastic way to have some fun around the upcoming Peanuts movie while encouraging a little imagination!
Peanuts is one of the hubs all time favorite cartoons. It is a part of his childhood that he loves being able to share with the kids.
For my family, Friday night is family movie night. Sometimes we play a game, but typically Family movie night just means staying up late, enjoying a fun meal at home that everyone makes together, and curling up to watch a good movie. Recently we have been on a Peanuts kick, and it has been a blast!
These Easy Chicken Kabobs were insanely easy to make — even my three year old helped! For dipping sauce we made a secret Peanut sauce and a Sweet and Sour sauce.
We were able to find all of the ingredients needed plus some classic Peanuts movies for our Family Night at Sam’s Club.
Using products like Tyson for our Family Movie nights take the hassle out of cooking and simplify cooking enough to allow my kids to help.
Easy Chicken Kabobs
- Tyson® Crispy Strips (1 per kabob)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sprouts (as garnish)
- Cook the Tyson® Crispy Strips as directed.
- Cut the cooked strips into squares.
- Skewer all your items in whatever pattern makes you happy!
- Garnish with sprouts and additional cheddar cheese.
Secret Peanut Sauce
- Coconut Milk (13 ounce can)
- Red Curry Paste (4-3 tablespoons)
- Creamy Peanut Butter (1 cup)
- Honey (1/4 cup)
- Soy Sauce (3 tablespoons)
- White Vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Sesame Oil (1/2 teaspoon)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool and serve! Sauce can be stored for several weeks in the refrigerator.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- White Sugar (3/4 cup)
- White Vinegar (1/3 cup)
- Soy Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Ketchup (1 teaspoon)
- Cornstarch (2 teaspoons)
- Water (2/3 cup)
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- Allow the sauce to cool and serve.
So easy and delicious!
How is your family building excitement for the new Peanuts Movie?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.