When it comes to breakfast, I am not a fan. Until a couple cups of coffee are running through my veins, I am just about as grumpy as they come. So making breakfast? Not something I really enjoy. This Easy Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash Recipe though is a breakfast that I actually enjoy making, and one that my kids love to eat. It’s a quick and easy way to add a sweet kick that instantly upgrades a basic scrambled egg recipe.
Start to finish this entire recipe will take about 15 minutes, which just happens to be how long it takes me to inhale my first cups of coffee…yes cups 😉
You can also cook this recipe as a larger batch and freeze it for on the go mornings. It’s a bit messy for the car so I usually send a small Tupperware with my daughter to school to eat once she is there instead of eating a school breakfast.
Items to Have on Hand Before Making Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Cuisinart CTG-00-BG Boxed GraterFreshware KT-402 4-in-1 Onion Chopper, Vegetable Slicer, Fruit and Cheese Cutter Container with Storage LidT-fal A91082 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid Cookware, 5-Quart, Black
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This Easy Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is a quick and easy way to add a sweet kick that instantly upgrades a basic scrambled egg recipe.
- 3-5 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 small Yellow Onion
- Diced Mushrooms, 1 cup
- 6 eggs
- A spoonful of butter
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. I prefer to use about a half a stick of butter in this recipe, but you can definitely make it with less.
- While that melts peel and grate the sweet potatoes. You will want to grate them to the largest size possible. If you do not have a cheese grater, you can also dice them.
- Dice up the onions and mushrooms.
- Add everything to the frying pan, stirring occasionally until onions fully cook. I use the onions as a guide because they take longer than the sweet potatoes to saute.
- Once the onions are sauteed, crack and add in eggs. Stir constantly to scramble until you reach a consistency that you prefer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
More Recipes You Will Love!
Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
Omelet Breakfast Bites
If you aren’t making this sweet potato breakfast hash right this second pin this post so you can easily find it later!