This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HorizonLunch #CollectiveBias
It seems within the last couple of years that Chevrons have taken over the world. Every cool kid has a chevron somewhere in their house. But, chevrons were cool before they went on a mission to over take the world. You see, it wasn’t your savvy home decorating that made chevrons the awesomeness that they are. That was Charlie Brown. His awesome sense of fashion has been paving the road for chevrons to take over since the 1950’s! And here is just one more awesome way to get your daily dose of chevron! Your kids will love this simple Peanuts Trail Mix!
When it comes to Peanuts, the hubs is just slightly crazy. In fact when I met him for the first time I am pretty sure he was wearing a Charlie Brown styled shirt…
He has been passing down this love for Snoopy and Woodstock to our kids now for years. The excitement building for this movie is almost unbearable for them!
So when we were at Walmart the other day picking up our lunch items and the kids saw that Horizon® had some fun Peanuts items out we couldn’t resist picking them up to create with.
My kids are in love with the Happy Cow milks and I absolutely love their Kids Aseptic Milk Boxes. Their single servings (8oz) vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry milks are the perfect alternative for juice boxes for us. With how busy our days can be a shelf-safe milk is an awesome way for us to make sure they are getting their 3 glasses of milk a day. Plus these are perfect for sending in packed lunches because you don’t have to worry about keeping them cold.
Horizon® is one of my secrets for making school lunches, after school snacks, and snacks on the go easy-peasy and fun!
Needed to Make a Peanuts Lunch and Trail Mix
- 3 slices of Bread
- Sandwich Meat/Cheese or PB&J
- Egg Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Olives or Black Food Dye
- Horizon® Squeeze Pouches (buy here)
- Horizon® Aseptic Milk Box (buy here)
- Horizon® Peanut Butter Sandwiches Crackers (buy here)
- Peanut Butter Chocolates
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Yellow Construction Paper and Black Marker
- Taking your cookie cutter and 3 slices of bread, cut each slice to the shape of the cookie cutter. This will be your Snoopy.
- Make your sandwiches as desired.
- If a meat sandwich use mustard or mayo to connect the ear to Snoopy’s face. If PB&J use peanut butter. You may need to trim the ear down to size some.
- Decorate Snoopy’s face using black olives, black food dye, or a mixture of both.
- For your Aseptic Milk Box take a strip of yellow construction paper and wrap it around. Secure with tape or glue. Use your black marker to draw and fill in a chevron shape.
- Throw in a super squeeze –an excellent source of calcium and protein!
- Make your Peanuts Trail Mix (printable below).
- Pack it up and Go!
- Good Grief this Peanuts Trail Mix is Simple to Make!
- Almond Bark
- Horizon Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers
- Peanut Butter Chocolates
- Glass Bowl
- Wax Paper
- Ziplock Bag
Place 2-3 squares of almond bark into a ziplock bag.
Fill glass bowl with hot water. It doesn't need to be boiling, but it should be too hot to touch.
Submerge the chocolate into the hot water. Wait a couple of minutes for it to melt.
Knead the chocolate until it is all smooth and snip off the corner of the bag.
On the wax paper draw out many chevrons using the chocolate in the bag. Allow it to sit long enough to harden.
Then add in your peanut butter chocolates, Horizon Peanut Butter Crackers, and chevron chocolates into a bowl.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g