Treat yourself with this homemade loofah soap! Your skin will thank you!
This week has been rough. I’m not sure if it is the back to school crazies or what…but it has been an absolute mad house here. When our life gets crazy like this one of the most important things for my sanity is taking some time out of my day for self care.
Often times when I talk to people about self care they go down this path of – I don’t have time to go get a pedicure or head to the spa. While that is a form of self care, self care does not have to be that complicated.
It shouldn’t be that complicated.
Sometimes self care is just going for a walk in your neighborhood and enjoying the fresh air. Or taking the time out of your day to dump all of your thoughts and emotions into a journal.
Or maybe it is as simple as taking a steaming hot shower without little kids standing outside the bathroom door asking you a million different questions.
…who am I kidding with the outside the bathroom door? We all know they are right there on the edge of the tub pulling on the shower curtain and getting water everywhere!
However you take time for yourself, self care is important and it does not need to be complicated.
Homemade Essential Oils & Jojoba Beads Loofah Soaps Recipe
This diy loofah soap is one of many essential oil recipes for mom’s that I adore. If you follow the link you can find all of the ones that I have shared on site so far!
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the products we recommend.
- 1-2 pounds of goats milk soap
- 1-2 loofah sponges (This three pack is an awesome price and quality)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil (we love this brand)
- 10-20 drops patchouli essential oil
- 10-20 drops frankincense essential oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba beads (we love this brand)
- Soap coloring or mica powder (this 24 pack is an amazing price)
- Soap mold (this one is perfect size for the loofahs)
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Candy Thermometer
Note: For essential oils we love and trust the Plant Therapy Brand.
1. Melt soap base in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until completely melted. Add coconut oil.
2. Add patchouli and frankincense essential oils to a small bowl. Add jojoba oil.
3. Add ingredients from steps 1-2 to bowl with soap mixture and mix well.
4. Using your candy thermometer, wait for the temperature of the soap mixture to get below 140 degrees.
5. When temperature is below 140 degrees, add your jojoba beads. If you add them before the temperature of the soap comes down, they will melt. These are great for exfoliating and softening the skin.
6. Gently mix the jojoba beads into soap mixture.
7. Cut your loofah into pieces to fit into your soap mold and place into mold.
8. Pour soap mixture into soap mold and spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any air bubbles.
10. Allow to harden overnight. Remove carefully and store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
This loofah soap is a fantastic for exfoliating, cleaning and moisturizing your skin!
Not making this homemade loofah soap right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!