Have ya’ll seen Race to the Edge on Netflix? My son LOVED “How to Train Your Dragon” and has absolutely adored this show. We had in the past made this How To Train Your Dragon Slime for the movie. Just recently we revisited this activity after discovering Dragons of Netflix. The photos on this Toothless Slobber turned out so stunningly pretty I couldn’t resist updating this post. So if you are coming over from Pinterest — you are on the right post. It just has new images 😉
Every time Toothless slobbery kisses Hiccup the air in my home fills with laughter. It never ceases to amuse my kids…or the hubs for that matter.
This has been one of those shows that the entire family has loved. This slime was a perfect chance to take those fun family moments and extend them into some exploration and dramatic play.
Items Needed for How to Train Your Dragon Slime
- Purple Elmer’s Glitter Glue (buy here)
- Liquid Starch (buy here)
- Gems — because what Dragon doesn’t want treasures?! (buy here)
- Bowl and Spatula
**optional** Blue Gel Food Dye (buy here) –this will create a deeper color that is closer to the color of Toothless. Gel Food Dyes are the secret to getting any play recipe you make (slime, doughs, paints, whatever) a vibrant color.
- Pour all of your Elmer’s Glitter Glue into the bowl. Elmer’s glue is the easiest to work with although any brand will work. Personally the headache of getting slime right when using an off brand isn’t worth it to me, because it can be that difficult. If you cannot find purple glitter glue you can use a clear Elmer’s glue and Gel Food Dyes to get the color you desire.
- Add in your gems.
- Pour in your liquid starch. If you are using Elmer’s Glue you really cannot get this wrong. If you are using an off brand only add in one tablespoon at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- Stir. Or just dig your hands in and get slimy.
So simple and so much fun! My kids will play with slime for hours! These make excellent favors for birthday parties and would even be fun to hand out as a candy alternative for Halloween! You can’t go wrong with no effort fun!
If your family plays with this How to Train Your Dragon Slime we would love to see the fun! Tag us on Facebook with @Parenting Chaos or on Instagram with #ParentingChaos!