This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeSB50Sweeter #CollectiveBias
When it comes to quick and easy snacks that will feed a crowd, popcorn is one of my ultimate go-tos. It is quick to make, cheap on the pocket book, and it has infinite possibilities to mix it up! This Rainbow Candy Popcorn is a fantastic way to serve up a fun popcorn while allowing guests to mix, match, and make their own! I am loving this mixture of popcorn and Skittles for a Super Bowl Party — Skittles is here to Make Super Bowl 50 Even Sweeter!!
For this candy popcorn bar my kids picked out three types of candy that they adore – Skittles Original, M&M’s, and Starbursts. Since we made this for a crowd we ordered everything in bulk on Amazon.
Ya’ll I love simple and this was SIMPLE! I was able to get everything that we needed for our party without having to leave the house. When grocery shopping means taking four small kids out into below zero weather that level of convenience is huge! Plus for a limited time, participating products will be on sale for up to 20%. Double win!
Making this Rainbow popcorn was incredibly easy and fun!
Items Needed for Rainbow Popcorn
- Colored Candy Wafers
- Skittles Original (buy in bulk here)
- M&M’s (buy in bulk here)
- Starburst (buy in bulk here)
- Wax Paper
- Sandwich Bags
- Pop your popcorn as directed.
- Lay out a couple sheets of wax paper on your table and pour popped popcorn onto the sheets to cool.
- While your popcorn cools down, bring a bowl of water to a boil in your microwave. You will use this to melt the candy wafers.
- Fill one sandwich baggie per color with a handful of candy wafers. We used red, orange, green, and blue, but you could make your popcorn whatever color you wanted! Could definitely be a fun way to add your team’s color to your party!
- Submerge the candy wafer bags into the hot water and let them sit until fully melted (about 2-3 minutes). You may have to knead your bag and re-submerge if parts don’t melt smooth. DO NOT microwave the chocolate wafers inside your sandwich bags. ONLY microwave the bowl of water.
- Once melted smooth snip a corner off of the bag and drizzle the melted chocolate over your popcorn. My kids had so much fun with this step! Allow for chocolate coating to harden (about 5-10 minutes).
- Once fully hardened lift the bottom of the wax paper and slowly break up the popcorn. Add to a bowl.
- Set out a bowl for the Skittles Originals and the rest of the candy.
If your family makes this Rainbow Candy Popcorn we would love to see the fun! Tag us on Facebook with @Parenting Chaos or on Instagram with #ParentingChaos!
p.s. DON’T forget to order your Skittles Originals (official sponsor of the NFL) while they are still available for that awesome price 😉