With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, I wanted to share with y’all a really fun yet simple summer snack. These Salted Watermelon Pops are perfect to get togethers, potlucks, or even just a day relaxing at home.
When it comes to my little guys, they love watermelon and all the seed spittin’ fun that comes with them, but they haven’t quite gotten the concept of the rind yet. My one-year-old may only have three teeth right now, but the minute that he bites into the green bitterness he is one unhappy camper. Turning our watermelon slices into a freezer pop is a quick solution to help him with this without taking away some of his independence.
Plus, if you add a little bit of salt and a hint of lime before freezing these watermelon popsicles are absolutely delightful!
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- Cookie Cutter
- Popsicle Sticks
- Cut a few slices about an inch thick.
- Let your kids help use the cookie cutter to make the shape. Place on a baking sheet once cut.
- Top with Lime Juice and Salt.
- Insert popsicle sticks to the top part of the heart.
- Once decently frozen enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g