Light, fruity, and almost too easy, this Skinny Watermelon Mojito is the perfect way to enjoy summer!
We are getting ready to fire up the BBQ this weekend, and I just cannot wait. Brisket, Grandma’s Potato Salad, and these icy cold skinny watermelon mojitos – sounds like perfection to me!
There is just something about watermelon that is filled with summer memories. When I make fresh watermelon mojitos I don’t like to drain the pulp out of the blended watermelon. I personally think when you do the mojito looses a little something. If you prefer a thinner drink, then definitely feel free to drain the pulp out. It will still be delicious!
Also, when making your mojitos taste them before adding in any additional Stevia or honey. Depending on how sweet your watermelon is you may be able to skip adding in additional sweetners all together!
Great Items to Have on Hand to Make a Mojito
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Stevia or Honey, as needed
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 2 cups Watermelon, diced
- 12 oz club soda
- 3 oz light rum
- In blender, blend up watermelon cubes until completely liquid. Pour into a glass.
- In a small bowl muddle together the mint and lime juice. Pour over the top of the watermelon juice.
- Fill the glass with ice and top with light rum and club soda.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and watermelon wedges.
If the watermelon is not sweet enough add in Stevia or honey to taste.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g