This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Great4Grilling #CollectiveBias
When it comes to summer cooking, we love to use our grill! So much so that when our beloved charcoal grill died this last month I thought my husband was going to curl up and die right next to it. He was so excited to come home and discover his early Father’s Day gift, a new grill. It took him no time at all to fire it up! One of the first things we made were these Pork and Rice Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms made with Smithfield® Pork Loin Fillets.
When it comes to meat, my kids are not big eaters. It goes to the level that my four-year-old usually won’t even eat his vegetables that come close to touching meat on his plate. And my eight-year-old daughter and has a thing against foods that touch altogether…don’t even think about mixing it.
So, on the surface, this looks like a dish that my kids would automatically refuse to even try. However, in our home, we have a rule that everyone is served the exact same food and that everything on their plates must at least be tried.
Imagine my surprise when all the kids not only ate their plates clean but asked for seconds…and then thirds.
We have fallen so in love with the Smithfield® Pork Loin Fillets that they have become a staple dinner in our home. I never thought I would find a flavorfilled meat that my son would eat without a fight, yet every time we grill this up – whether as is out of the package or in a dish such as these stuffed mushrooms, he eats every single bite plus some.
How excited my son gets over the Smithfield® Pork Loin Fillets is just adorable. For example, the other day we were doing our weekly grocery run to Walmart. This run usually requires me to swing by my bank to pull out some cash. Now usually my son is all about the lollipops when we do our bank run. But this time, as we pulled up to the window he started bouncing in his seat while pointing out the window. And no…he wasn’t pointing at the lollipops. Instead, he had found the Smithfield® Factory right across the street from our bank! He has had a fascination with factories since we have moved back to the Midwest – he was so excited!
By the time we got to Walmart he was making a beeline straight to the meat section to show me what he had found!
Our Favorite Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Making these mushrooms is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Loin Filet
- Portobello Mushrooms, 4-6
- Risotto Rice (we used one package of instant)
- Pico de Gallo, as desired
- Shredded Mozzarella, as desired
- Cilantro, as desired
- Grill the Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Loin Filet as is out of the package. Smithfield® has done all the work for you – all you have to do is grill it whole or slice into medallions or chops and grill.
- While that grills, cook your instant risotto and prep the Portobello Mushrooms. To prep the mushrooms use a spoon and gently scoop out a bowl shape. Be careful of pressure asserted so that you do not puncture a hole.
- Once the meat is fully cooked remove it from the grill and dice up. Add to cooked risotto.
- Place mushrooms on the grill and fill with the pork/risotto mixture. Top with cilantro. Grill on a lower heat until the Portobello mushrooms soften.
- From the grill transfer directly to individual plates and top with Pico de Gallo and Mozzarella cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Inspiration for a Fantastic Grilled Pork Recipe!
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTcNx3YqAg” width=”680″][/su_youtube_advanced]