This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Earlier this week we found a local movie theater that hosts weekly sensory friendly viewings throughout the summer, the kids were so excited! After looking at the schedule the kids quickly decided on going out to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie – they LOVED it! After seeing
how excited they have been over the movie we decided to surprise them with these super easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Frozen Yogurt Bars for an afternoon snack =)
The kids had so much fun making these!
After the movie, we ran by Walmart for our weekly grocery shopping. With the kids out for the summer, I have been trying to let them play a larger role in our meal planning. While there we found some Simply Yogurt Bars by Outshine and have fallen in love with the GMO-free Strawberry Yogurt Bars.
Each bite is full of bright flavors of real fruit, real juice, real veggies and real yogurt. They were perfect for making out TMNT Yogurt Bars! (Store Sampling Demos at Walmart occur the weekends of 5/21 and 7/14.)
How to Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Yogurt Bars
- Outshine Strawberry Simply Yogurt Bars
- Outshine Lime Bars
- Candy Melts (green, blue, red, orange)
- Candy Eyes
- Wax Paper
- Sandwich Bags
Making these bars is incredibly easy. My kids (ages 4 and 8) had a blast making these!
- Fill a large bowl with water and microwave until boiling. Fill a sandwich bag with green chocolate candy melts and seal. Place in the water once boiling and allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes or until all of the chocolate is melted smoothly.
- While the chocolate melts remove the Outshine Bars from their packaging and place them on wax paper. I used a cookie sheet lined with wax paper so that it would be easy to return to the freezer if need be.
- Once everything is set up and the chocolate is melted, snip a corner off the sandwich bag and cover the Outshine Bars with green chocolate. You may need to use a spoon to smooth it out. The chocolate will harden very quickly on the cold yogurt.
- Add two eyes to each bar. Return tray to freezer.
- Re-heat the same bowl of water to boiling again. This time create a bag for each color TMNT mask. For the purple mask use 2 blue and 4 red chocolate chips. Remove tray from freezer. Snip a corner off one bag at a time and draw on the masks.
- Return to freezer until hardened and then enjoy!
If you plan on making a couple of these ahead of time you can easily store these in a sandwich bag in the freezer.
The kids are already asking when we can have these again!
Get ready for your chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh from Outshine® plus hundreds of daily summertime prizes you could win instantly. Text “Snack Brighter” to 30364, or enter at Walmart.com