Watermelon is the perfect fruit – I’d devour it year round! If you love it as much as I do, you’re going to love these watermelon sorbet popsicles!
These popsicles are the perfect treat for a hot summer day, but they’re delicious any other time as well. They have the yummy sweetness of watermelon and they’re in popsicle form! They’re a huge hit around our house and I’m sure they will be around yours as well. They’re too yummy not to be.
Items to have on hand to make your watermelon sorbet popsicles
If you’re not familiar with sorbet, it’s essentially fruit and sugar. The easiest way to achieve this is by making a syrup that requires water. It’s not necessary for the recipe itself, but will help to achieve the best taste since freezing dulls sweet flavors. But if you prefer to skip the syrup, you can also blend up the fruit, add sugar, and freeze it.
It’s important to get a good balance of sugar and fruit, though. You know you have too little if it appears and tastes very icy. Too much will make it turn into slush.
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, cut into chunks then frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- lemon juice (to taste)
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in sugar to create a simple syrup. Continue to cook over the heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is no longer granulated. This is your simple syrup. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor blend the watermelon until smooth.
- Squeeze in some lemon (we use about one whole lemon)
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into your popsicle mold.
What others are reading