This DIY Frankenslime Recipe is sure to make your little ones giggle. Then turn off the lights and watch their amazement as this slime glows in the dark!
My little monsters are addicted to candy. It’s been a battle we have been fighting for a couple of months now, but it seems the sugary goodness of candy has it’s claws in them deep.
With Halloween right around the corner, that battle with candy is about to explode. If you are like me and trying to find some Halloween fun to do with your kids or handout as a non-candy Halloween treat, then this fun glow in the dark slime is for you!
Glow In The Dark Frankenslime
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the items we recommend.
Supplies for the Frankenstein
- 1 small glass jar with lid
- 1 small piece of black felt
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 black sharpie marker
- 1 light colored pencil
- 1 bottle of craft glue or double-sided tape
- 2 medium size corks (you can buy some here)
- Grey acrylic paint
- 1 small paint brush
Supplies for the Glow in the Dark Slime
- 6 ounces of clear glue
- 10 drops vetiver essential oil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons glow in the dark paint or gel (we used this brand)
- 1 tablespoon glow in the dark powder (we used this brand)
- 1-3 tablespoons contact solution
- 2-3 tablespoons of neon glitter (we used this brand)
Note: If using essential oils we strongly recommend using the Plant Therapy Kids Line.
Glow in the Dark Frankenslime Directions
Instructions for Frankenslime Mason Jar
1. Paint the corks with grey paint and allow to dry completely. We did two coats to completely cover the corks.
2. Place mason jar lid on the felt, trace around the lid, and cut. This is the top of the monster’s head. Glue the felt circle onto the top of the lid.
3. Wrap the felt around the lid and mark just over where it meets. Cut down at the mark. And then cut across about 2” and make cuts across for the uneven bottom for the monster’s hair. Glue this piece around jar.
4. Glue googly eyes onto the front of the mason jar.
5. Using the sharpie, draw a mouth and a scar or two. Draw or with scraps of felt, make eyebrows.
6. Glue corks on the side of the jar, towards the bottom. These are the bolts. Allow to dry completely.
Instructions for Glow in the Dark Slime
1. Add glue and essential oil to a small glass bowl (glass is easier to clean!)
2. Add your glow in the dark paint or gel, glow in the dark powder, and baking soda.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of contact solution to bowl. Mix well. You know when the slime mixture is ready to come out of the bowl when it comes away from the bowl. You may need to add another tablespoon or two to the mixture before it comes away completely.
5. Take slime from bowl and knead on a flat surface until nice and smooth.
6. Add glitter and knead into the slime. Add more if you don’t have enough. We added about 3 tablespoons to our slime.
7. To make the slime glow, hold under a light for about 30 seconds. Take it into a completely dark room and it will glow!
Store in an airtight container or plastic bag. Will last a long time!!!!
Not making this glow in the dark Frankenslime right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!