Easy Pancake Muffins Recipe – The ultimate grab & go breakfast!
Most mornings breakfast here is a huge ordeal. Half the house wakes up ready for the day, while the other half (myself included) is in the don’t even think about talking to me before I wake up fully category. I cannot even begin to tell you how many mornings I have stumbled around and tripped over our safety gate with a hot cup of coffee in my hand…not a pleasant ordeal for me.
Looking for an easy breakfast solution (for my kids who are addicted to pancakes), I was presented with two options – forgo the coffee, or figure out if I could make muffins with pancake mix. Now…I already don’t like mornings. There was no way – absolutely no way – that I was going to get rid of my one saving grace for keeping up with my kids. So, the experiments in easy breakfast recipes began.
To date, this recipe for easy pancake muffins is my kids absolute favorite. I make one batch and they last us through the entire week. My kids love that they can add in whatever they want! Chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts, strawberries – the options are endless! Our personal favorite when making pancake muffins though is blueberries. Who doesn’t love a great blueberry pancake?
These pancake bites will definitely make your morning run easier. Simply grab one or two, pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds, and breakfast is ready to be served. You can even make a huge batch of these and freeze them! My six-year-olds can even do this for themselves- which anything that promotes independence is a keeper in my book.
Awesome Products to Have on Hand When Making Pancake Muffins
Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin PanThe New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake LinersBatter Dispenser for Pancake Waffle Cake Cupcake Muffin Crepes Perfect Donuts Includes Bonus Gift with Easy Pull Trigger Manual Mixer Pour with Measuring Label
Easy Pancake Muffins Recipe - The ultimate grab & go breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Fruit, frozen or fresh, Nuts, Mini Chocolate Chips, or Whatever You Desire (optional)
- Warm Syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Spray a muffin pan generously with baking spray. Fill cups 2/3 full. If using fruit, drop 2 to 3 into each cup.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let sit in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn them out of the pan. (Use a small knife if any are stubborn.)
- Serve warm with warm syrup!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g