Are your kids all over the slime craze?
Mine most definitely are!
When it comes to creating slime there are so many crazy recipes out there, and don’t get me wrong, they definitely all are fun! But, when it comes to creating slime with younger kids I prefer to stick to the basic slime recipes – like this fish themed baking soda slime.
Slime is absolutely magical to young kids! For this slime we simply added in some toys and the kids had a blast!
Fish Themed Baking Soda Slime
- 4 oz. Elmer’s blue glitter glue
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp contact solution
- Fish buttons (we used these)
All of these items are available at Walmart in the craft supply section. If you do not have a Walmart near you, we have included affiliate links to the products we used above.
1. In a large bowl, mix together glitter glue and baking soda. You will want to stir until the baking soda is no longer clumpy.
2. Add in contact solution and stir until slime starts to become a solid. The contact solution for this recipe is the activator. Add it in 1 tbsp. at a time until the slime begins to form.
3. Finish mixing the slime by hand. Slowly add in more contact solution if your slime is too sticky.
Then hand the baking soda slime over to your child and give them the fish beads to play with. Easy peasy fun!
Note: Afraid of letting your kid explore slime because of the potential mess? Keep a bit of white vinegar near by – it will dissolve slime and get it out of everything!
Looking for more slime recipes? You can find all of the slime recipes that we have share on the blog here!
Not making this fish themed baking soda slime right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!