This Build a Turkey Play Dough Kit is an awesome boredom buster for kids! This simple Thanksgiving busy box is perfect for taking on the go to keep your child entertained during Holiday outings.
Every year for the holidays we bounce from house to house to make sure we get to spend the holidays with both sides of our family. It’s a super busy time of year for us. One of the things that we routinely run into while visiting family is showing up at a family members house that is not kid friendly.
Having 5 kids means we really needed to find an easy solution to this – something quick to throw together, easy to travel with, and something that wouldn’t make a huge mess while the kids played with it. This build a turkey playdough kit is one of our solutions!
Build a Turkey Playdough Kit
We use affiliate links on site to help you easily find the items we recommend.
Supplies Needed for Build a Turkey Play Dough:
- Play Dough (you can find all of our homemade play dough recipes here)
- Travel Case (we used this one)
- Colored Feathers
- Googly Eyes
- Colored Foam (orange and red)
Directions for Putting Together a Turkey Playdough Kit:
1. Make a homemade playdough. We made ours brown with glitter and gingerbread spice.
2. Using the red and orange foam pieces cut out some shapes. From the orange foam we cut out triangles for beaks. From the red foam we cut out squiggly lines for the Turkey’s wattle.
3. Add everything into your case and it’s ready to play with!
Easy peasy fun!